Friday, December 01, 2017

World AIDS Day and My Amazing Husband

Today, of course, is World AIDS Day, though I am waiting for the time we won't need to acknowledge it other than to remind  ourselves of what once was our lives, but last night, in Columbia, they held a Keep the Promise/End the epidemic event at the statehouse.


And my husband spoke on behalf of the Hispanic community in our state, which,sadly, is raked 8th in new HIV cases in this country.


And, because of his eyesight issues, and because it was dark by the time he spoke, the emcee of the event introduced him  and then helped Carlos walk to the podium to speak. His speech was entirely in Spanish except for the first line:
"I am have failing eyesight but I still have my vision."
In the audience, an elder queerling was snapping pictures and getting teary eyed.

Just sayin'.

I am so proud of my husband.

9 comments:

  1. Awww, I wanna hug him! Will you do that for me, Bob? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a great man. You're very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hugs and kisses for Carlos! :-) Blessings on all those who need help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This elder queerling, too. Besos y abrazos a Carlos (y a tú también).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put on record my echoes to everybody else's praises of Carlos, above - and doubly amplified!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful man and opener-

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......