Thursday, February 02, 2017

Random Musings

Last year, when _____ was campaigning for the presidency he called for a Muslim ban because, you know, Muslims are terrorists—when, in reality, it’s orange ego-maniacal ALLEGED billionaires who are terrorists.

And, at that time Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, said:
"I do not think it is reflective of our principles, not just as a party, but as a country. And I think the smarter way to go in all respects is to have a security test, not a religious test. I do not think a Muslim ban is in our country's interest.”
Cut to this week, when Hair Furor in office, and suddenly Paul Ryan is goose-stepping to a different tune and telling us that he backed the decision to stop the U.S. refugee program and ban all entries from seven Muslim-majority nations for 90 days.

What happened Paul? Whatever it was that made you do a 180 on a Muslim ban and now stand for hate, it spawned one of my new favorite Twitter hashtags:

#TheCowardlyRyan.


Use it when you Tweet him, it’s fun.
The racist co-worker—for those who don’t remember, she said to me one time that the reason more white people are not shot by police during routine traffic stops or because they’re just walking down a street is because, and I quote, “White people don’t act like that.”—has quit the job.

And, on her last day, she made a point to come tell me she was leaving, and, because I cannot help myself, I said:
“I didn’t really care for you because I thought you were just another racist, bigoted, homophobic, anti-immigrant, white supremacist gun-loving Black Lives Matter hating, conspiracy theorist loon. ..... That’s all.”
Bye Felicia.
Another sign of the End Times?

This fall, Oprah will step away from her WeightWatchers commercials and begin a  new job as a special correspondent on 60 Minutes:
“I’ve been a big admirer of 60 Minutes since my days as a young reporter. I’m so excited and proud to join forces with this historic news program, which for me represents the bastion of journalistic storytelling.”
Uh huh. Oprah? Reporter? Journalist?

I didn’t watch her “tribute” to the late Mary Tyler Moore last week but I did hear that the show was less Mary and more how Mary made Oprah feel, so, Sixty Minutes? Shame on you for inflicting this blubbering ego on us.

Oprah? I say Noprah.
In response to the Muslim ban, which _____ and Sean Spicer aren’t saying is a ban though they’ve both called it a ban, Starbucks announced that will hire 10,000 refugees over the next five years.

Howard Schultz, Starbuck’s chairman and CEO:
“We have a long history of hiring young people looking for opportunities and a pathway to a new life around the world. This is why we are doubling down on this commitment by working with our equity market employees as well as joint venture and licensed market partners in a concerted effort to welcome and seek opportunities for those fleeing war, violence, persecution and discrimination.”
I need a Caramel Macchiato now.
I’ve been watching the show Timeless because I love stories about time travel and because co-star Matt Lanter is delicious. But last week they did a show about the Old West and Jesse James and one Daniel Lissing played Jesse.

Seriously, a little scruff on the chin and he was scorching my TV.

HotHotHot.
More about the fallout from the Muslim non-ban-ban?

The American Civil Liberties Union reported an astounding $24,164,691 in donations—from 356,306 online donors—following Hair Furor’s hate-filled executive order.

The ACLU usually raises $4 million a year from online donations.

The Resistance is working.


The ride company Lyft said it would donate $1 million to the group after it was revealed that its competitor Uber broke a solidarity strike at JFK airport and a #DeleteUber campaign was born.

Resist.
Want more?

In response to hate, Google has launched a $2 million crisis fund that can be matched with up to $2 million in donations from employees, for four organizations: the American Civil Liberties Union, Immigrant Legal Resource Center, International Rescue Committee and UNHCR. It is Google’s largest crisis campaign ever.

The campaign was disclosed in a memo sent by Google CEO Sundar Pichai and the company’s logo for that day celebrated the birth of Fred Korematsu, an American civil rights activist who objected to the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II.

The resistance grows.
I love court shows. I love Judge Judy because I love bitchy, snarky common sense.

But I saw a show the other day about a man who lost his glasses at a hair salon and was suing the salon for $5,000 because the glasses cost $300. The rest was because he had to drive without his glasses, putting his life at risk.

Seriously? Forty-seven hundred dollars because he had to drive home? Where does he live? The Moon?
And what about _____’s suggestion that he would investigate voter fraud because he’s all pissy that he lost the popular vote by three million to Hillary? And, remember, if you add in all votes against him, he lost the popular vote by over 11 million votes?

Well, it turns out that Gregg Phillips, the man _____ touted as a voter fraud expert was registered to vote in Alabama, Texas, and Mississippi during the 2016 election.

Uh huh. Now, he only voted in Alabama but doesn’t it seem odd that the man investigating fraud was registered in so many places?
I know most of these musings are all about _____, but I cannot help it.

Anyone else bothered by the fact that President _____ didn’t offer condolences to the victims of the mosque shooting in Canada?

Is it because the shooter was white and an anti-immigrant fool and a _____ supporter?




7 comments:

  1. I am happy you called out your ex-co-irker's white ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Ryan is a spineless shill for whatever the Koch brothers want him to be for? No, say it isn't so!

    WTF, 60 Minutes? Oprah? The queen of daytime fluff joining one of the last bastions of investigative journalism? I assume we can expect hard-hitting exposes about the latest diet fads and how if you really wish hard for something the Universe will provide it for you. Maybe Drs Oz and Phil can be special correspondents too!

    Starbucks is doing something good, so of course right-wingers immediately trotted out the "boycott Starbucks" hashtag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starbucks :-) Having decaf latte as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had taken a picture of my TV screen, when CNN had the banner, "$24M Raised by Activist Organization" So, now the ACLU - which does nothing but uphold the law bound by the Constitution is an 'activist organization'?

    It's hard to discount Dump when he calls CNN laughable. Because they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even get started! But i do want to offer my praise and admiration for your honest farewell to racist co-worker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, please Bob, tell us it felt really good to say those things to your ex-coworker. Because, there are so many people I would love to say that too... but only in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Google! Effective Resistance takes money.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......