Friday, February 17, 2017

America Under Siege: Hair Furor Is A Delusional, Narcissistic, Ill-Equipped To Lead, Lying Mess ... And He Proved That AGAIN Yesterday

Yesterday Hair Furor gave one of his first press conferences where he didn’t take questions only from Fox News or Breitbart and, as CNN’s Jake Tapper called it moments after it was over, _____ was “unhinged” and “wild.”

And, in case you don’t believe that here are nine quotes that seem to back Tapper’ up ...
1) QUESTION: I just want to get you to clarify this very important point. Can you say definitively that nobody on your campaign had any contacts with the Russians during the campaign? And on the leaks, is it fake news or are these real leaks?
HAIR FUROR:  Well, the leaks are real. You’re the one that wrote about them and reported them; I mean, the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it, and the leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake. So one thing that I felt it was very important to do — and I hope we can correct it. Because there’s nobody I have more respect for — well, maybe a little bit but the reporters, good reporters.
2) After reporter April Ryan asked _____ about the Congressional Black Caucus, the President-For-Now ­asked her if she could set up a meeting with them ... oh, but he did ...
RYAN: When you say the inner cities, are you going — are you going to include the CBC, Mr. President? In your conversations with your -- your urban agenda, your inner city agenda, as well as --
HAIR FUROR: Am I going to include who?
RYAN: Are you going to include the Congressional Black Caucus and the Congressional --
HAIR FUROR: Well, I would. I tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting? Do you want to set up the meeting?
RYAN: No, no, no. I’m not —-
HAIR FUROR: Are they friends of yours?
RYAN: I'm just a reporter.
HAIR FUROR: Well, then set up the meeting.
RYAN: I know some of them, but I'm sure they're watching right now.
HAIR FUROR: Let's go set up a meeting. I would love to meet with the Black Caucus. I think it's great, the Congressional Black Caucus. I think it's great.
3) ____ then used a question about “fake news” as an opportunity to criticize CNN’s ratings, saying he no longer watches the network because of its “anger and hatred.” At one point, CNN’s Jim Acosta began trying to ask a question before _____ told his employer to be “straight.”
HAIR FUROR: I mean, I watch CNN, it’s so much anger and hatred, and just the hatred. I don’t watch it anymore because it’s not very good. ... I think it should be straight. I think it should be — I think it would be frankly more interesting. I know how good everybody’s ratings are right now, but I think that actually — I think that’d actually be better. I don’t watch it anymore because it’s very good — he’s saying no. It’s OK, Jim. It’s OK, Jim, you’ll have your chance. But I watch others too. You’re not the only one so don’t feel badly. But I think it should be straight. I think it should be — I think it would be frankly more interesting
4) At another point _____ explained why he wouldn’t explain whether he will retaliate against reports of Russian provocation.
HAIR FUROR: I'm not going to tell you anything about what I’m going to do. I'm not going to talk about military stuff. I will not say, “We are going to attack Mosul in four months. We are going to attack in one month. Next week, we are going to attack Mosul. In the meantime, Mosul is very, very difficult — you know why? I don't talk about military and certain other things. You were going to be surprised to hear that, by the way, my whole campaign I said that. I don't have to tell you.
5) _____ was asked if, by attacking “fake news”, he was undermining the press, and he rambled this ...
REPORTER: When you call it "fake news," you're undermining confidence in our news media ...
HAIR FUROR: No, no. I do that. Here's the thing. OK. I understand what you're -- and you're right about that, accept this. See, I know when I should get good and when I should get bad. And sometimes I'll say, "Wow, that's going to be a great story." And I'll get killed ... But I know what's good. I know what's bad. And when they change it and make it really bad, something that should be positive -- sometimes something that should be very positive, they'll make OK. They'll even make it negative. So I understand it. So, because I'm there. I know what was said. I know who's saying it. I'm there. So it's very important to me. Look, I want to see an honest press. When I started off today by saying that it's so important to the public to get an honest press. The press -- the public doesn't believe you people anymore. Now, maybe I had something to do with that. I don't know. But they don't believe you. If you were straight and really told it like it is, as Howard Cosell used to say, right?
6) At another point, _____ said the press would misrepresent the press conference; he said that he was not “ranting and raving,” but that the media coverage would say he had.
HAIR FUROR: I won with news conferences and probably speeches. I certainly didn't win by people listening to you people. That's for sure. But I'm having a good time. Tomorrow, they will say, "Donald _____ rants and raves at the press." I'm not ranting and raving. I'm just telling you. You know, you're dishonest people. But -- but I'm not ranting and raving. I love this. I'm having a good time doing it. But tomorrow, the headlines are going to be, "Donald _____ rants and raves." I'm not ranting and raving.
7) When _____ was asked if “there was anything” he could reveal to convince the media and public that the leaks over Russia and Flynn were “fake news” he spoke about a Rasmussen poll showing his approval rating over 50%, then switched to the dangers of uranium and how Hillary Clinton had a “stupid plastic button” as part of her Russian reset.
HAIR FUROR: By the way, it would be great if we could get along with Russia. Just so you understand that. Tomorrow, you will say "Donald _____ wants to get along with Russia; this is terrible." It is not terrible. It is good. We had Hillary Clinton try to do a reset. We had Hillary Clinton give Russia 20% of the uranium in our country. You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that. I did not do anything for Russia. I've done nothing for Russia. Hillary Clinton gave them 20% of our uranium. Hillary Clinton did a reset, remember with the stupid plastic button that made us all look like a bunch of jerks?
8) Later, _____ was asked if Vladimir Putin was “testing” him with military provocations and his response included a warning about how nuclear war “would be like no other:”
HAIR FUROR: I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we're allowed to say because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it: Nuclear holocaust would be like no other. They're a very powerful nuclear country, and so are we. If Russia and the United States actually got together and got along -- and don't forget, we're a very powerful nuclear country and so are they. There's no upside. We're a very powerful nuclear country and so are they. I have been briefed. And I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we're allowed to say because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it, nuclear holocaust would be like no other. They're a very powerful nuclear country and so are we. If we have a good relationship with Russia, believe me, that's a good thing, not a bad thing.
9) In one of his most relaxed moments, _____ ruminated on a career he decided not to pursue: “I'd be a pretty good reporter ... not as good as you.”
Seriously. That is what he said, and that is how he said it. I mean, I thought the Mama Grizzly Bore™ was an expert at a word salad but Hair Furor really upped the ante.
Gibberish. Ignorant, ill-informed, ranting, raving lunacy.

Then there’s this ... Hair Furor needs to replace lying National Security Adviser Michael Flynn soon, but it might be a little hard to do since the first person he offered the job to turned him down.

Yup. It appeared that the White House was trying to get former Navy SEAL Robert Harward to take the job but according to reports Harward turned _____ down because he is “conflicted between the call of duty and the obvious dysfunctionality [of the _____ administration]” and is ALLEGEDLY concerned that he can’t install his own staff in the agency, and that former Fox News contributor KT McFarland will stay on as Deputy NSA.  Harward refused to keep McFarland as his deputy, and so he declined to serve as Flynn’s replacement.

Ouch.

Also, during yesterday’s press fiasco, Hair Furor appeared to outright lie about a meeting with Democratic Congressman Elijah Cummings. He claimed to have had a planned meeting with Cummings set up but that Cummings canceled it:
“I was all set to have that meeting. We called him and called him. I spoke to him on the phone and he wanted it. ... [Cummings] was all excited and then he said, ‘Oh, I can’t move it. It might be bad for me politically. I can’t have that meeting.’”
Then Hair Furor added:
“He was probably told by Schumer – or some other lightweight – ‘don’t meet with Trump, it’s bad politics.' That’s part of the problem in this country.”
But, here is Rep. Cummings response to Trump’s fabrication on his office's website ...
“I have no idea why President _____ would make up a story about me like he did today.  Of course, Senator Schumer never told me to skip a meeting with the President. I was actually looking forward to meeting with the President about the skyrocketing price of prescription drugs.  ....  I also sincerely have no idea why the President made this claim in response to an unrelated question about the Congressional Black Caucus.  I am sure members of the CBC can answer these questions for themselves.”
So, who to believe, the ranting raving word salad tosser or ... I’m kidding, _____ is delusional.

And then came this ... Six White House staffers have been kicked out of the _____ administration because they failed an FBI background check. One of the staffers kicked out was _____’s director of scheduling Caroline Wiles, the daughter of _____’s Florida campaign manager, but she’ll be given a new job in the Treasury department.

Background check willing, I imagine.

Now, the White House is not commenting on this latest bit of lunacy for an already scandal-plagued administration, but it does come on the heels of a new Pew Research poll putting Hair Furor’s approval ratings at 39% ...the lowest in modern history for a US president at this point in his tenure.

And lastly, this is what stuck out to me the most about what he said yesterday; and given that he spouted lunacy and nonsense that’s saying a lot, but he said:
“To be honest, I inherited a mess. It’s a mess. At home, and abroad. A mess.”
Among the reasons _____ listed for this “mess” are the jobs pouring “out of the country”—perhaps to places where factories make _____ products—and because there are very “low pay, low wages,” and there is “mass instability overseas.”

But, yeah, that’s a lie, as we all know that President Obama handed Hair Furor a very healthy economy.

Now, to be fair, it is true that manufacturing jobs were disappearing when Obama took office because of the recession he inherited, but after they reached their low point in February of 2010, there was steady growth thereafter.  But that’s just manufacturing jobs, though, because there has been enormous job growth in the private sector, with wages rising steadily after falling during the recession that Obama inherited from W.

Not so much of a mess, eh, Hair Furor? And that’s in stark comparison to W’s administration, which saw steady job loss throughout the entire 8 years, with an even sharper decline after the recession hit.

Also ... unemployment steadily declined under Obama ... the GDP steadily rose under Obama ... the Federal Deficit significantly recovered after the recession.

So, again, I know you’re not surprised, but President-For-Now ­_____ is lying ... and lying ... and is completely unqualified for this job.

And he’s just four weeks into it.

Resist. We have to stop this lunatic and all those who are goose-stepping along behind him, and in front of him.
Latest
Daily Kos
US Uncut
Politico

6 comments:

  1. The best comment I saw about this press conference was someone who tweeted "Alex Baldwin's SNL impersonation of Trump is just getting too wild" or something to that effect, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was astonishing, disturbing and downright crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is definitely a FAKE president. Every time he speaks or tweets he is more outrageous. Hopefully he will accelerate to the point where he and his entire administration will implode. Some of his supporters are FINALLY waking up from their Kool-Aide stupor, but too many, even after seeing his "news conference" think he is right on target. How can you argue with, let alone educate, zombies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened to that press conference on my way to work yesterday with my mouth hanging open. Simply unbelievable. The man is unhinged. A total lunatic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even Fox News Shep Smith called der Trumpenfuhrer out on his lies at the farce

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......