Tuesday, October 04, 2016

My People! WTF?

Polls, especially political polls, are funny, because so much depends on who you ask, what you ask, and how you ask; so I tend to take most polls with a grain of salt.

But a recent poll had me flummoxed …. According to results of two weeks of the NBC News|SurveyMonkey Weekly Election Tracking Poll, 72% of registered LGBT voters support Hillary Clinton.

Um … duh? But then you see that 20% of registered LGBT voters support [t]Rump.

So, um, yeah, Gays? WTF? I mean, I get that there are Gay Republicans, though I’ve only seen then in captivity in their Log Cabins, but it still gives me pause …

They support a man who just a few weeks ago said he was going to reverser marriage equality and any and all LGBT protection and non-discrimination laws that he get his wee hands on and yet 20% of us still say he’s got our vote?

My people, my people … you give me pause. I mean, I know that The Gays are just like everyone else, except in whom we love, but, man oh man, I didn’t realize that 20% of  us were a “basket of deplorables.”

Albeit a fancy bedazzled basket.
NBC News

7 comments:

  1. closeted people like matt drudge like the rump. they are sick mofos for supporting a maniac that h8s ANYONE that isn't a str8 white xstain male.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've just started seeing donald/pence signs around here this last week. This is a red area of blue WA but still... ak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gays can be just as stupid as anyone else, even if we should know better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only shake my head in disbelief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes you wonder what this 20% need in order to have their support shaken -criminalisation of all gay activity, including in private? Mandatory prison sentences? Death penalty? I should imagine that even with that, some of the 20% would STILL support the Reps.
    A few weeks ago on one of our more 'respected' channels (Channel 4) there was an interview with a married gay couple from the Deep South who said that such was their loathing for H.C. they'd vote for Trump WHATEVER he promised. With that kind of attitude what can one do? - only despair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get it and I'm tired of people trying to explain it to me (support for that asshole by ANYONE, gay or straight). I don't care how angry you are, how frustrated you are, how dissatisfied with the status quo. If you support Trump, you're either ignorant, racist, and hate-filled or you simply haven't heard a word he's said or taken in any of the things he's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I just got a really bad case of indigestion. BURP!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......