Friday, October 21, 2016

I Didn't Say It ...

Tom Brady, on Donald and “locker room” talk and his vote:

“I met him probably 15, 16 years ago … We’ve played golf together many, many times and I’ve always had a good time with him. He’s been a friend of mine. … He’s been on the Patriots sideline a lot. He’s always called me after games to encourage me … That’s kind of the way it is … Obviously there’s a lot of headlines to make, and I’ve tried not to make a lot of headlines. … The thing I’ve always thought is I don’t want to be a distraction for the team. That’s what my goal is. …  It’s just hard enough to win and prepare without the distractions so when you start having the distractions it’s even harder to prepare. Yeah, I’ll vote … Maybe we’ll talk about it after Super Tuesday or whatever it is.”

Super Tuesday? 
Oh Tom, as my friend Judge Judy says, ‘Beauty fades, dumb is forever.’
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court Justice, on Collin Kaepernick’s protest: 

“Would I arrest them for doing it? No. I think it’s dumb and disrespectful. I would have the same answer if you asked me about flag burning. I think it’s a terrible thing to do, but I wouldn’t lock a person up for doing it. I would point out how ridiculous it seems to me to do such an act.”

I’m usually Team RBG but not this time.
Because Kaepernick sat down we are talking about this; because a man burned a flag we had a discussion. There are times when you need to do something people might not approve of to get your message out.
John McCain, last March, on President Obama’s nominating Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court:

“This issue is not about any single nominee – it’s about the integrity of the Court. With less than a year left in a lame-duck presidency and the long-term ideological balance of the Supreme Court at stake, I believe the American people must have a voice in the direction of the Supreme Court by electing a new president. … We must allow the people to play a role in selecting the next lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.”

So, again, because Old Man McCain didn’t get to be president, and never will be president of anything, including his homeowner’s association, he’s acting the dick about Obama’s choice, a man many, even many Republicans, believe is a good choice for the courts.
Siddown, Grampa.
John McCain, last week, completely changing his mind and vowing to ‘unite against’ any nominee President Hillary Clinton would appoint to the Supreme Court:

“I promise you that [the GOP] will be united against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton, if she were president, would put up. I promise you.”

So, that whole thing about letting the American people decide who should be president and then letting that president make a nominee for the court was just another lie by a bitter old man.
Clinton is leading Donald in Arizona, and I hope that means the people of Arizona will tell Gramps to go f%k himself.
Melania Trump, to Anderson Cooper, about PussyGate:

“And as you can see from the tape, the cameras were not on — it was only a mic. And I wonder if they even knew that the mic was on…They were kind of a boys talk…And he was lead on, like, egged on, from the host [Billy Bush].”

Melania? You’ll do anything for some coins, including rambling along almost incoherently, your face frozen by the Bo.
Honey, and please explain why your husband let you tell your tale to Anderson Cooper, a man he’s called the most biased against him in all the media?
Seriously, you two, Botox and Cheeto, deserve one another.

7 comments:

  1. I heard the internet went down last night. Do
    you supposed Donald crashed it by overloading
    Twitter with tweets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:19 PM

    CHOTOX!!!

    Deedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. STFU, brady and mccain and melanoma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To quote Ron White, You can't fix stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time someone talks about how K "sat down" I remember another black lady who "sat down" and started the civil rights movement. It only takes one person to get a conversation started and I'm glad he did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why shouldn't Obama be able to nominate a supreme court justice in his last year?

    And what happens if the GOP block all nominations to the Supreme Court until there are no justices left as they are all dead? Will they then allow the democratically elected president to do his or her job? Or will the US have to do without a Supreme court altogether until the next time there is a GOP president? McCain's reasoning sounds very specious to me

    ReplyDelete
  7. John Mccain really typifies the GOP's approach to governing. If they can't get exactly what they want, they're more than happy to throw a monkey wrench into the works to keep the government from functioning at all.

    So, Melanoma Trump's excuse for her husband's vile behavior is "he didn't know anyone would hear him?" How the hell does that matter?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......