Friday, April 01, 2016

I Didn't Say It ...

Michael Sam, on Racism, and -isms in general, in the LGBT Community: 

“It’s terrible. People have told me I’m not gay enough, people have told me I’m not black enough. I don’t know what that means. You want to be accepted by other people but you don’t even accept someone just because of the color of their skin? I just don’t understand that at all. How are you saying that, ‘oh, I want people to accept me because I’m gay but I don’t accept you because you’re black, or because you’re white or because you’re Asian’.”

Racism, sadly, exists everywhere, even in the LGBT community because we’re just like everyone else.
Sadly, though, these LGBT racists don’t get the idea that, if we as a community are being discriminated against for being who we are, how can we discriminate against anyone else for being who they are?
Tis a puzzlement.
Josh Earnest, White House Press Secretary, on that new law in North Carolina: 

“This Administration is strongly committed to advancing the cause of equality for LGBT Americans and to ensuring that they do not face discrimination simply because of who they are or who they love. Like so many others across the country, we are concerned about the potential harmful impact of this law, especially on transgender youth, and believe it is mean-spirited and sends the wrong message.”

Not much to say here, other than Josh is right, the White House is right.
And, yes, I have a crush on Josh Earnest.
Susan Sarandon, a Bernie Sanders supporter, on how she might consider voting for Donald [t]Rump over Hillary Clinton: 

“I think a lot of people are ‘sorry, I just can’t bring myself to [vote Clinton]’…I don’t know [what I’ll do]. I’m going to see what happens. Some people feel that Donald Trump will bring the revolution immediately. If he gets in, then things will really explode. Some people feel that. If you feel it’s pragmatic to shore up the status quo right now then you’re not in touch with the status quo. The status quo’s not working.”

So, if Bernie is the best thing and he doesn’t get it, then the next best choice is [t]Rump?
Siddown Susan. I used to think you were intelligent but this is just ridiculousness.
Dan Savage, responding to Sarandon: 

“Can I just say I’m for Bernie, or Hillary, or both. Come November I plan to vote for the Democratic nominee whoever it is, because the lesser of two evils is less evil, and I don’t think Donald will bring the revolution.”

[t]Rump would bring chaos and hate and discord to the country.
The only choice is the Blue one.
Anderson Cooper. CNN host and My-Husband-in-My-Head, responding to Donald [t]Rump's claim that he "didn't start" the Wife War with Ted Cruz:

“With all due respect, that’s the argument of a five-year-old. Every parent knows a kid who says ‘he started it.’” 

Snap.
Gosh Randy Andy Cooper is hot.

7 comments:

  1. Susan Sarandon's comment -- which one hopes was made without forethought, though I haven't heard that she took it back (happy to be wrong about that!) -- is the sort of thing that concerns me about some vocal Bernie Sanders supporters, and therefore, about Bernie. It's pretty similar to much of the GOP approach -- my way or the highway. What worries me most about the political atmosphere in the country is less policy than attitude. I was in a meeting once in which someone warned that we were about to do all the wrong things for all the right reasons. That way lies madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anderson, I picture the next donald 'episode' as him on the floor kicking his legs and waving his arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Michael
    Sarandon has sort of walked it back, saying she would never vote [t]Rump, but also kind of maintaining that if Bernie isn't the nominee she may not vote.
    Not smart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you dan savage, I'mma with you. NO GOP will EVER get my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still don't know I'd consider Copper a 'journalist', but I do like him. And while he got the good line in, Trump still ran over him like a d(r)ump truck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Blobby; while Anderson is pretty he's an easy ride when it comes to the hard questions, never pushing back

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted for Bernie in the primary. In the general election, I'm voting for whoever Bernie's voting for.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......