Friday, February 13, 2015

I Didn't Say It ...

Roy Moore, Alabama’s loony anti-gay judge, on his gay ‘friends’:

"I've had many friends who are homosexual. I've treated people just like other people. This is not about how I treat people or how I go to a wedding or a marriage or anything. It's about the constitution of Alabama and the constitution of the United States and specifically the sanctity of marriage amendment. I would not go to a same-sex wedding."

First off, let me say I doubt he has ‘many’ gay friends, and secondly, he does not treat people like other people, he works to treat gay people differently.
He’s a bigot who thinks he can play the gay friend card and I bet he played the black friend card in the 1960s, too.
President Obama, on welcoming the Supreme Court's upcoming consideration of four marriage equality cases:

“My sense is that the Supreme Court is about to make a shift, one that I welcome, which is to recognize that — having hit a critical mass of states that have recognized same-sex marriage — it doesn’t make sense for us to now have this patchwork system. I am time to recognize that under the equal protection clause of the United States Constitution, same-sex couples should have the same rights as anybody else.”

I mean, does it really seem American and free and equal and patriotic that Carlos and I can be married in South Carolina, but if we move a couple of hundred miles west, to Georgia, suddenly we’re not?
We need to be equal, and included, everywhere. Simple. I can’t make it any more queer.
Kanye West, ranting about Beck’s win over Beyoncé at the Grammys:

“The Grammys, if they want real artists to come back, they need to stop playing with us. We ain’t gonna play with them no more. Flawless, Beyoncé video, and Beck needs to respect artistry and he should have given his award to Beyoncé. And at this point, we tired of it because what happens is, when you keep on diminishing art, and not respecting the craft, and smacking people in the face after they deliver monumental feats of music, you’re disrespectful to inspiration. And we as musicians have to inspire people who go to work every day and they listen to that Beyoncé album, they feel like it takes them to another place … That’s the reason I didn’t say anything tonight. But y’all know what it meant when ‘Ye walks on that stage.”

First off, you delusional tool did you realize for one second that you are disrespecting Beck’s artistry? Of course not, because it’s all about Kanye, and his lips on Beyoncé’s ass.
PS Look at Kim's face while he rants; even she thinks he f**king nuts.
Brian Williams, announcing he will be stepping aside from his NBC Nightly News anchor position amid allegations that he is a liar — UPDATE: NBC suspended him without pay for six months:

"I have decided to take myself off of my daily broadcast for the next several days; [It] has become painfully apparent to me that I am presently too much a part of the news, due to my actions."

Due to your lies.
Say it with me, Brian: You lied. You didn’t “misremember” you lied.
Bobby Jindal, Louisiana Governor, on not changing his opinion on marriage equality:

"My faith teaches me that marriage is between a man and a woman. I don't believe in discrimination against anybody. I'm not for changing the definition of marriage and that's why I hope the Supreme Court decides not to overturn what the states have decided. In Louisiana it's in our state constitution. My hope is that the Supreme Court will respect what state legislators and states have already decided."

I love how he can say I don’t believe in discrimination “against anybody” while reaffirming his discrimination against The Gays.
Oh, and Bobby? About your faith and the changing definition of marriage? Listen to this:
Reverend Ellin Jimmerson, a Baptist minister, on why she will perform same-sex weddings in Alabama:
"One of the issues for many is whether same sex marriages comport with biblical ideas of marriages. The truth is that people in the 21st century would not be comfortable with the kinds of marriages which are represented in the Bible. For example, we would not be comfortable with the biblical model that is one man, one woman, one concubine. Nor would we be comfortable with the idea of a widow being compelled to marry her brother-in-law. There is very little in the Bible which reflects the modern idea of one man & one woman united by love. That is where we have been comfortable for a long time now.
Today, we are being asked to move even further down the road of marriages being based on love. We are being asked to expand our ideas to include one man and another man united in marriage by love. Of one woman and another woman united by love.
It was not too many years ago that we in Alabama at last understood that the long-held ban on interracial marriages was hurtful and wrong. We moved further down the road of love. Now, most of us think nothing of interracial marriages.”

Faith; it changes, it adapts, it understands that the world today is not the world of 2,000 years ago, or even the world of twenty years ago.

3 comments:

  1. Reverend Ellin Jimmerson :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,
    It's amazing to me how someone like Judge Roy Moore can be so completely ignorant of the Constitution which he so frequently uses as his rationale for his ruling against same sex marriage. Federal court rulings trumps state court rulings. Federal law trumps state law. That's what the Civil War was all about. The Federal law has final jurisdiction.
    Brian Williams, stick a fork in him, he's done. Liar, liar, liar.
    Kanye West, I'm speechless. What an ass (I guess I'm not so speechless after all)
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it with bigots and prevaricators who can't admit that they are BIGOTS and LIARS?? A turd by any other name is still...a TURD!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......