Friday, February 20, 2015

I Didn't Say It ...

Will Smith, on fame:

“I have the spirit of desire to make people’s lives better. Being famous is such a gift for me because small things make people’s lives brighter. You just shake somebody’s hand. You just smile and write your name and people will talk about it for the rest of their lives.”

Wow. So, y’all. If you’re walking down the street and you see Will Smith and he smiles at you, then he’s done an amazing thing, given you an amazing gift that you will share for the rest of your life.
Asshat.
Michael Sam, on his fiancé Vito Cammisano:

"During those times where I felt like I was weak I had one person to tell me that there's no one in the world who can do what you can do. I think you were meant to do this - and this was Vito … Vito has been with me for a long time and actually it is because of Vito I am here tonight to talk to you guys. He is the only one who made me comfortable to be who I am, to be comfortable in my own skin. I owe him everything. … I didn't want to be ashamed of myself when I come home and I see Vito and look him in the face and lie to myself - and I was like 'Vito I'm  gay to you but only in closed doors but I'm not gay to the world'. I manned up and a couple days ago we celebrated my first anniversary of me being comfortable with who I am and I'm proud of myself. I have no regrets."

Just another example of how coming out takes away the shame and the regret and allows you to be yourself, live yourself, love yourself.
Jeb Bush, distancing himself from the foreign policy disasters of his father and brother:

"I love my father and my brother. I admire their service to the nation and the difficult decisions they had to make. But I am my own man, and my views are shaped by my own thinking and own experiences. Under this administration, we are inconsistent and indecisive. We have lost the trust and the confidence of our friends. We definitely no longer inspire fear in our enemies. Each president learns from those who came before, their principles, their adjustments. One thing we know is this: Every president inherits a changing world, and changing circumstance."

It’s kinda funny that he wants us all to know that he’s running for president like his father and brother, because of the Bush family’s so-called sense or service, and then he wants us to forget what lousy presidents his father and brother made.
All of which leads me to think that he’s a hypocrite just like the George’s, and, well, we don’t need any more Shrubs in the White House.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Courth justice, saying the US is ready for nationwide marriage equality:

“The change in people’s attitudes on that issue has been enormous. In recent years, people have said, ‘This is the way I am.’ And others looked around, and we discovered it’s our next-door neighbor — we’re very fond of them. Or it’s our child’s best friend, or even our child. I think that as more and more people came out and said that ‘this is who I am,’ the rest of us recognized that they are one of us.”

RBG rocks!
Chris CarmackNashville actor, on why playing closeted gay character Will Lexington is humbling”:

"It's not just about gay or straight; it's a very universal theme about a guy who feels like he has to sacrifice happiness in order to achieve his dream. I hope it exposes an audience that may feel uncomfortable with the subject to a really great story that opens up dialogue. I know it has for me. I don't have any expectations that this character will change the world, but for those people for whom it opens up a little compassion and understanding, I think it's a very important role." 

All it takes to start a movement is a conversation.

5 comments:

  1. I gave up on Will Smith shortly after 'Six Degrees of Separation', all of 22 years ago, which actually wasn't that bad. Since then, though, he's been acting as though he's God's gift to mankind, and why can't people recognise him for that? Well, I humbly suggest, maybe 'cos he's a twat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Raybeard.
    You, sir, have said it better than anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will Smith was schlepping the schlep the other night as a guest on Top Gear; presumably advertising his new movie..... what did you say it was called? And thanks to your excellent (and very amusing) updates on this twazzock I was able to tell my husband who this unknown was

    ReplyDelete
  4. We saw that Top Gear. And his female co-star beat his time in 'A Star in a Reasonably Priced Car'!
    bwa-ha-ha! He did take well, with humor, but it was sweet for all us lady drivers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yo, will smith is a philly boy and all, but DAMN! he and his entire family are str8 up weird!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......