Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Architecture Wednesday: West Buttermilk

I like to get away, relax a little in the mountains, with a nice view of the hills ... maybe have a fire ... have a soak ... but I'd prefer to do it in a grand estate like West Buttermilk in Aspen, Colorado; that's my idea of roughing it.

The architects took great care in designing this house to take advantage of the mountains that surround the house, which sits on five acres, with walls of glass in nearly every room of its 14,929 square feet.

There's a gorgeous, panoramic rooftop living room, a movie room, or lounge, wine cave, and a roof top kitchen with two dining tables for those large gay gatherings ... or straight gatherings if you swing that way ... and there are several covered patios, three with outdoor fireplaces, for roasting marshmallows, or just getting cozy with it.

Even the three-car garage is fully finished and heated with a work bench, mud room, ski, golf and bike storage and a dog/mountain bike wash area along with room for three full size vehicles.

And it's on sale now for just $23.7 million.

I'm thinking 52 friends, each paying $455,769 each and we have a time-share. I get dibs on a week in the fall .....
source

4 comments:

  1. Now, you're talking. This is my ultimate dream house. Surrounded by nature, rustic yet modern and family friendly. Now, I just need to win the lottery.

    By the way... I look forward to this post every Wednesday. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was called Butermilk Manor it could the name of a new sitcom!!!! Well, I'm not very rustic, although it is quite beautiful, I guess I could have my arm twisted to pitch in, but don't expect me to wear any picnic cloth.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......