Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Architecture Wednesday: Villa Kishti



They call it Villa Kishti; I say it looks more James Bond, for a couple of reasons.

First, I can see this house in a Bond film, and, secondly, in my head at least, when Daniel Craig decides to come back to me, he and I would move here together.

But, like I said, it's actually Villa Kishti, a Balinese-inspired private hone in Anguilla, British West Indies. The residence challenges the traditional ideas about shelter and nature as separate domains, with the interior and exterior spaces blurred in a seamless interplay of architecture and landscape design.

Villa Kishti is split into three pieces: a central hub, a master suite and three self-contained villas, arranged in fan-like plan. The central hub features the gathering spaces of—the living and dining areas, and the kitchen—which all open to one another, to the sea, and to the gardens.

The master suite, accessed internally from the gathering space, and features a sleep area, a lounge with an outdoor terrace and ensuite bath with indoor and outdoor showers.

Across the central hub from the master suite, each of the three self-contained villas contains a lounge area, with outdoor deck, a kitchenette, powder room and master bedroom with ensuite.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to slip into a chaise by the pool and wait for Daniel to emerge from the surf in a baby blue bathing suit. Hey! I can dream ……

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:05 PM

    I absolutely adore this building. Would Daniel Craig be the house boy if I move in? Please? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i swear to god i built that exact house out of legos before!!!!!

    also, when can we visit?


    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok girls, bags packed, gin bar transfered, staff on stand by...I'm ready to move in this gem!!!!!! Love the last shot. I hop to hell he is a neighbor!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps...and how nice would be be to see a houseboy on each chaise lounge by the infinity pool?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......