Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Some Sullivan High School Students, Teachers, and Parents Want A Prom That Excludes Black Students


I didn’t go to my high school prom for a lot of reasons, number one being I was an in-the-closet-flaming-homosexual-who-didn’t-want-to-lie-and-pretend-to-be-straight at the ‘Big Dance.’ So, I stayed home, and I never felt like I missed anything important, because it was my choice to stay home.

Unfortunately, though, for some students at Sullivan High School prom, they won’t have that option, because several students, parents and even some folks who call themselves ‘teachers’ want a prom that excludes certain students.

The Black Students.

And while it seems it cannot legally happen in this day and age, students and parents are taking matters in their own hands to keep the Black Students from attending the dance. In fact, several parents, students, and some teachers who think that Black Students shouldn’t be allowed at the prom with the ‘normal’ kids met up at a local church to discuss their options.

"We don't agree with it and it's offensive to us."—Diana Medley, a special education teacher in town.

So they have decided to create their own prom, a ‘traditional’ prom, and are spreading the word, hoping to get more students of the right kind to attend, to take a stand against Black Students thinking they’re equal and stuff. And, while some of you may not understand this type of bigotry, these students, teachers and parents would like you to hear them out.

"We want to make the public see that we love the [Black Students], but we don't think it's right nor should it be accepted," said a local student.

See, they love the Black Students but don’t think it’s right that they mix with other students, normal ones, I mean.

"I believe that it was life circumstances and they chose to be that way; God created everyone equal."—Diana Medley.

Funny, though, Diana, if God created everyone equally why would you want to keep Black Students from the prom. Shouldn’t they be treated like anyone else?

"[Black students] come to me with their problems, and I don't agree with them, but I care about them. It's the same thing with my special needs kids, I think God puts everyone in our lives for a reason."—Diana Medley.

In our lives, yes, but not at our proms. I mean, what if your son or daughter wanted to dance with one of them? What would happen to them? What is your son or daughter came home from the prom and said they had fallen in love with a Black Student? Wanted to marry a Black Student?

Oops, I made a mistake. I misread the article and, well, let me make a minor correction: see, it’s not Black Students that people want to keep from going to prom, it’s Gay Students.

Gay Students. That’s different, right?

Go back and read the post again, only this time put in the words 'Gay Students' instead of 'Black Students' and see if it makes any more sense. Then try 'Jewish Students,' 'Chinese Students,' 'Fat Students,' or even 'Redheaded Students' and see if you can make sense of it.

5 comments:

  1. Lord save us from the "good" people of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do these asshats come from? and WHY do they keep breeding?

    PS - I never went to my prom either. I didn't miss anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:55 PM

    It's Indiana. No surprise there.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......