Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Architecture Wednesday: A Virginia Farmstead

I could live in the country, but I'm not sure I could live in a country house. Most seem to have limited views, and I need to see outside, especially when it looks like this ....

This wonderfully open and inviting modern home is located on a 200-acre farm in Virginia’s Albermarle County. Now, I ain't no farmer, but with views of the pewter-hued Blue Ridge Mountains out nearly every window, and every window seemingly framed upon a view, well, hand me a pitchfork, call Carlos a 'ho' because we might just move in.

from Voorsanger Architects: "The views are organized perpendicularly to the linear movement through the house. This two-fold movement involving the body and the eye splits the overall volume into elongated and asymmetrical pavilions, thus breaking and lifting the bent planes of the roof. This splays the axis into a glass-covered path. The prow of the private pavilion swims in the canopy of the surrounding woods. The large expanses of glass of the public pavilion allow for an uninterrupted enjoyment of the view."

And here I thought it was just a pretty place to plant some corn ....


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:12 PM

    Excuse me while I buy Super Lotto tickets so I can afford something like that. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool house. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......