Friday, November 30, 2012

I Didn't Say It ....

Dolly Parton, on entering a drag queen contest as a ‘Dolly Parton’ and losing:
"They had a bunch of Chers and Dollys that year, so I just over-exaggerated -- made my beauty mark bigger, the eyes bigger, the hair bigger, everything. All these beautiful drag queens had worked for weeks and months getting their clothes. So I just got in the line and I just walked across, and they just thought I was some little short gay guy.. but I got the least applause."

Proves the old adage: drag queens make more convincing Dolly’s than the real thing!

Nate Silver, American statistician, sabermetrician, psephologist, writer, and predictor of election results, on being gay:
"I've always felt like something of an outsider. I've always had friends, but I've always come from an outside point of view. I think that's important. If you grow up gay, or in a household that's agnostic, when most people are religious, then from the get-go, you are saying that there are things that the majority of society believes that I don't believe."

I get this, but I’ve learned that being different is good; it’s hard work, because lotsa folks would prefer you not be different, but in the end it’s the best thing to understand that different is good.

Frank Ocean, openly gay singer, on his own coming out:
"The night I posted it, I cried like a fucking baby. It was like all the frequency just clicked to a change in my head. All the receptors were now receiving a different signal, and I was happy. I hadn't been happy in so long. I've been sad again since, but it's a totally different take on sad. There's just some magic in truth and honesty and openness. I had those fears. In black music, we’ve got so many leaps and bounds to make with acceptance and tolerance in regard to that issue. It reflects something just ingrained, you know. When I was growing up, there was nobody in my family—not even my mother—who I could look to and be like, 'I know you’ve never said anything homophobic.' So, you know, you worry about people in the business who you’ve heard talk that way."

Funny, he seems to be echoing what Silver said.

Angus Jones, ‘actor’ who makes $350,000 an episode on Two and a Half Men, on how being a Christian means you shouldn’t watch filth, like his TV show:
“Please stop filling your head with filth. Please. People say it’s just entertainment. The fact that it’s entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to the television…It’s bad news. I don’t know if it means any more coming from me. But you might have heard it otherwise. But watch out…A lot of people don’t like to think how deceptive the enemy is. He’s been doing this a lot longer than any of us have been around…You cannot be a true, God-fearing person and be on a show like that.”

And yet he is on a show like that and cashing a huge paycheck for doing so.
Hey Angus, why dontcha just quit the show over your new religious beliefs and stop collecting that hefty paycheck. And then take all the money you’ve made off that filth and give it away, like to the ‘church’ to which you belong.
Do that and then go away.
PS Angus has already backtracked on his statement, probably because he realized he can't live in a mansion in Bel Air while being a Starbucks barrista.

Pat Robertson, batshit crazy wingnut, on the alleged war on Christmas:
"Atheists don’t like our happiness, they don’t want you to be happy, they want you to be miserable...They’re miserable so they want you to be miserable.”

The only misery an atheist, or even an agnostic might feel, is when people like Robertson feel their beliefs should supersede the beliefs of everyone else.
Funny think, Patty, most atheists and agnostics just want you to keep your religion out of their lives, not the other way round.

John Boehner, GOP Hounddog from Hell, reversing course, and now saying he’ll work to repeal Obamacare through oversight:
"The tactics of our repeal efforts will have to change. But the strategic imperative remains the same. If we’re serious about getting our economy moving again, solving our debt and restoring prosperity for American families, we need to repeal Obamacare and enact common-sense, step-by-step reforms that start with lowering the cost of health care. [...] Congress has a constitutional responsibility to conduct thorough oversight of the executive branch, and congressional oversight will play a critical role in repealing Obamacare going forward."

Apparently Crying John learned nothing from the last election.
If the majority of Americans wanted health care repealed, we wouldn’t be getting ready to watch Barack Obama being sworn in as president.
AGAIN!

Rick Santorum, on being open to run for president in 2016:
 "I think there's a fight right now as to what the soul of the Republican party's going to be and the conservative movement, and we have something to say about that. I think from our battle, we're not going to leave the field."

Honey6, you may not leave the field, but you’ll be standing on it all alone, in a stupid sweater vest.
The GOP got the smackdown last month because of their narrow-minded views and if you think they’re going to keep that stance up next time, and risk losing the White House for a third time, you need a good sit down.
And a stylist.

Dolly Parton, on those age old rumors that she’s gay—something she has in common with Oprah:
"Like Gayle [King], her friend, Judy, my friend, they just think that you just can't be that close to somebody. Judy and I have been best friends since we were like in the third and fourth grade… We still just have a great friendship and relationship and I love her as much as I love anybody in the whole world, but we're not romantically involved."

I never thought Dolly was gay.
Now Oprah ………

6 comments:

  1. The sulky dwarf Angus Jones should, as you say, put up or shut up.

    As for any religious, as long as they are not killing or oppressing (including sexual abuse)anyone, this athiest only wants them to not try and convert me. I have no problems accepting their rights to their beliefs, please respect mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Just going by this quote, I'd say Robertson is not a very good christian. No christian I know is very happy. They are all worried about the sins of others, the rapture and spending all of eternity in hell.

    I've lived a good life, not judging others (except for their shoes), harming no one, if the world ends I'll end with it and when I'm dead either my cease to exist or I'll move on and since I lived a good life, it will either be the same or better than this one. I'm cool with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jones, santorum, robertson, and boner (intentional misspelling) need to stick their heads back in the sand and STFU! or just FOADIAFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Angus Jones is going to be this generation's Kirk Cameron within a few years.

    I have no problem with Christianity in general terms. I do believe in God, but it's when these Christians worry about me burning in hell and oppress me with their rules I get upset.

    It's only fair. I don't judge them except for their poor fashion choices, their spray on tans and their overall mental fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the chortle of Dolly Parton losing out at a Dolly Parton impersonation102 ckully contest. lolololol

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Dolly 2-fer! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......