Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Architecture Wednesday: Back To Brooklyn

Brooklyn gets a bad rap. I mean, it's often the butt of jokes, mostly from New Yorkers, er, Manhattanites, and somehow deemed undesirable. Well, maybe so, maybe not. 
Maybe there are great places to live in Brooklyn, and the one thing you can get in Brooklyn that you can't get in Manhattan is a panoramic river-view of New York City.
So, maybe it's time to go back to Brooklyn, to this three bedroom, three bathroom, 3200 square foot loft-like penthouse located on the top floor of the former Gretsch Musical Instruments building.
Plus, it's just $4.75 million. That's probably a third of what you'd pay across the river.
source

6 comments:

  1. I think the butler has seen better days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:43 AM

    I've always liked Brooklyn.

    I like it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:32 AM

    Now this is my kind of place. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of the impossibly gorgeous and unaffordable apartments/houses occupied by Claudette Colbert in Imitation of Life - or by Lauren, Marilyn and Betty in How To Marry a Millionaire.

    Patios! Creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything...except the awful bedroom! That's not me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:51 PM

    I think I could live just on the balcony.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......