Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Architecture Wednesday: South Yarra Mullet House

Mullet House: business in the front, party in the back.
And this house, a Victorian in Melbourne, Australia, has been beautifully renovated, while keeping all it's glorious beauty up front, and challenging us to live a modern life out back.
The house features formal rooms, like the living area, dinning room and a private study, but the family room and kitchen--in a modern addition in the back--are open to the pool and terraces.
For me it's the best of both worlds; a bit of history, and a hint of what's to come.

I'm in......
source

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:15 PM

    Maybe it's my personal preference, but when both the exterior and interior don't match up it's not a good fit for me. On the other hand, if it were a Victorian on the outside and modern pre-fab fabulous on the inside, I'd go for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:08 PM

    I like this one. Only flaw I see is that it has only ONE bathroom! Who does that? And it isn't even big enough so that one could properly swing a cat about in it.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......