Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ezra Miller Comes Out

Ezra Miller, who played Tilda Swinton's son Kevin in We Need to Talk About Kevin, and is set to play a gay character in the upcoming Perks of Being a Wallflower, has come out:
“I’m queer. I have a lot of really wonderful friends who are of very different sexes and genders. I am very much in love with no one in particular. I’ve been trying to figure out relationships, you know? I don’t know if it’s responsible for kids of my age to be so aggressively pursuing monogamous binds, because I don’t think we’re ready for them. The romanticism within our culture dictates that that’s what you’re supposed to be looking for. Then [when] we find what we think is love -- even if it is love -- we do not yet have the tools. I do feel that it’s possible to be at this age unintentionally hurtful, just by being irresponsible -- which is fine. I’m super down with being irresponsible. I’m just trying to make sure my lack of responsibility no longer hurts people. That’s where I’m at in the boyfriend/girlfriend/zefriend type of question.”
Welcome out, Ezra, and for your openness and honesty Homo HQ will be sending you the obligatory Coming Out Toaster Oven and a copy of The Gay Agenda.

1 comment:

  1. He was an inspiration for one of my characters

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......