Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The Pastor Ordered The Assault

All Jerry Pittman and his partner, Dustin Lee, wanted to do was go to church. But the couple claims they were assaulted as they tried to attend services at Grace Fellowship Church in Tennessee last week.

In fact, they say it was the pastor who ordered the assault on them.Seriously.The pastor. Who also happens to be Jerry Pittman's father.

"I went over to take the keys out of the ignition and all the sudden I hear someone say 'sick'em,'" says Jerry Pittman Jr. "My uncle and two other deacons came over to the car per my dad's request. My uncle smashed me in the door as the other deacon knocked my boyfriend back so he couldn't help me, punching him in his face and his chest. The other deacon came and hit me through my car window in my back."

Bystanders, apparently waiting to attend church services too, offered no assistance, even as the deacon screamed homophobic slurs. Even after the police arrived, the deacon continued his verbal assault and the officers did not intervene to stop the deacons from yelling the slurs.

Pittman said neither he nor Lee were allowed to press charges while at the church, so on Friday, two days after the attack, the couple filed assault charges against Deacons Billy Sims and Eugene McCoy. Pittman also pressed additional charges against his father and Deacon Patrick Flatt. 

Pastor Pittman's attorney had no comment on the allegations.

Imagine, a man supposedly of god, and other men of god, beating two men for attending church. How fucking Christlike.


source

7 comments:

  1. Nothing that fundamentalist bigots do surprises me anymore. However, I am surprised that the so-called "police" did very little. With the media attention that this case is going to bring, I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus, this is some crazy shit. Further proof that the church should not get a say in the Gay vs God debate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing.

    Can't these people see themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Unfortunately, I feel as though I live amongst these lemings. There are far too many that simple don't think for themselves. The children rely on their parents to do their thinking for them, the women rely on the men to do their thinking for them, the men rely on the preacher to do their thinking for them, and the preachers don't think ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... Isn't that just what Jesus would do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, what is wrong with these people?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This preacher was arrested later the same month for stealing and selling copper from his wife's business. in the past, he had assaulted his daughter's bf over an altercation at the grocery store

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......