Friday, February 11, 2011

Own A Little Bit Of the Rainbow

I don't know which came first, me being a big old queen, or me realizing how much I loved Judy Garland. Or, maybe, those two things just go hand-in-hand. I do know, however, that if I had a little extra in the bank account this month, I might want to buy myself a little something something.
A traditional red brick Bel-Air home has hit the market for $5.5 million.




Rarely does a home with the combination of both Hollywood & architectural history become available for sale. Located on famed Stone Canyon Rd, this much admired traditional home was designed for Judy Garland by Wallace Neff, the architect of California's Golden Age, the same year that she was cast as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. And celebrities including Quincy Jones and Marvin Gaye have also made this their home.


The house sits on over 2.5 acres, just minutes from the Hotel Bel-Air. The flowing floor plan & gracious rooms--perfect for entertaining--have hosted some of the most prominent figures in Hollywood. There are 5 bedrooms and 6.5 bathrooms in just over 5,500 square feet. Naturally, there is a cook's kitchen, a picturesque garden, pool, cabanas, and the original writer's cabin.

There is, alas, no Yellow Brick Road.

source

2 comments:

Say anything, but keep it civil .......