Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Country Comes Out


Lotsa talk on the interwebz the last couple of weeks about yet another celebrity coming out of the closet.

Who could it be?
Anderson?
Jody?
Hugh Jackman?
Colin Farrell? Hey! A boy can dream!

Nope, it was country singer Chely Wright who has decided to come out as gay.

At first, knowing she'd be the first country star to admit to being gay, Wright opted to stay silent. But now, she knows it's time.

"There has never, ever been a country music artist who had acknowledged his or her homosexuality [and] I wasn't going to be the first. [But] nothing in my life has been more magical than the moment I decided to come out."

Good for you, Chely, you're gay.

Your complimentary toaster oven and copy of The Gay Agenda should be arriving soon.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:11 PM

    This explains why I'd never heard of her.

    In general I abhor country music. So I'd never heard of her until now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:59 PM

    I love her music. Good to see her coming out with a new CD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They give a toaster now! All I got was a leather bound copy of the agenda and a rainbow key ring. Lucky! :/

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......