Friday, February 13, 2009

Courage Campaign




go here: Courage Campaign
This video is a bit of a tearjerker.
Seeing the faces of these people who only want one thing, to marry the person they love, is heartbreaking. Because they fought for the right to marry, they won the right to marry, they did marry, and now people are trying to nullify those marriages.
The one sign, "Please don't divorce my son and son-in-law" reminds me of my mother. After I'd moved to Miami to be with Carlos, we returned home to California to visit my family. One day one of my mother's friends was by to visit. She had once told my mom--before she knew anything about me--that she didn't like gay people.
My Mom told her I was gay.
She laughed and said that I seemed normal enough. Little did she know.
But on the day that she came by my Mom and Dad's house, when Carlos and I were visiting, my Mom introduced Carlos as her son-in-law. I don't think there are too many things in the world that ever made me happier.
Son-in-law.
Anyway, go to the Courage Campaign website and you can sign the petition to stop the California Supreme Court and Ken Starr from nullifying over 18,000 marriages,
It's a good thing.

6 comments:

  1. Bob that is such a nice story. Your mom sounds alot like my mom. She to calls my Boy-Toy son in law. And he stay their when he goes to Harrisburg to work. Yea the stories are sad about the marriage thing. It is very frustrating to say the least. Someday I tell myself. Have a god Valentine's weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stoopin' by Mistress Maddie.
    Yeah, my Mom as sumpin' special all right.
    And I agree.....Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have aunts and I have aunts-in-law. You can never have enough aunts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful mother you have! I hope someday this isn't even an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful MOther Bob...and this video made me cry. All those people LOVE each other! They have families that they love and that love them!!! This makes me so mad and so sad at the same time.

    Love is Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just wonderful. My family in toto, took on my lover the same way. They grieved when he died the same way they did for other sons. Actually I think they were a little too enthusiastic about sharing that we were gay and an item. and Lord when the two of us got intoit, I'll be damned if they didn't side with HIM.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......